ANNAPOLIS, Md. – October 26, 2015 – Maryland's official state website, www.Maryland.gov, has again been recognized as one of the top government websites in the Center for Digital Government's prestigious Best of the Web Award competition. In its 20th year, the annual Best of the Web (BOW) awards recognize city, county and state governments for outstanding websites based on innovation, functionality, productivity and performance.
The Maryland.gov website serves as the gateway to government information and provides hundreds of online services that benefit nearly 63 million visitors to the site each year. Maryland.gov provides citizens and businesses with more convenient options for interacting with government. Through Maryland.gov, citizens can find public meetings, renew their vehicle registrations, buy a hunting and fishing license, register a new business, find jobs, and much more. The mobile-friendly site features innovative personalization, live statewide social media mashups and location-driven content to enable citizens to quickly find what they are looking for on any device.
In 2015, Maryland.gov was honored with five additional national awards for creativity and functionality.
- Communicator Award – Maryland.gov received a 2015 Gold Award of Excellence by the Communicator Awards, the leading international awards program recognizing big ideas in marketing and communications.
- Summit Creative Award – Maryland.gov received a 2015 Silver Summit Creative Award for innovative and creative concepts, strong executions and the ability to communicate and persuade. The Summit Creative Award (SCA) recognizes and celebrates the creative achievements of small and medium-sized advertising agencies worldwide.
- Interactive Media Award (IMA) – Maryland.gov received a Best in Class Award in the Government category from the Interactive Media Awards. The Best in Class distinction is the highest honor bestowed by the IMAs and represents the very best in planning, execution and overall professionalism.
- WebAward – Maryland.gov was recognized as an Outstanding Website in the Government Category by the Web Marketing Association's WebAward which is dedicated to naming the best websites in 96 industries while setting the standard of excellence for all website development.
- Davey Award – Maryland.gov received the 2015 Silver Davey Award for its creative and engaging design. The international Davey Awards honor extraordinary creative work from the top small firms around the globe.
The Maryland.gov website was developed at no charge for the State of Maryland by NIC Maryland, through the self-funded eGovernment services contract with the State Department of Information Technology (DoIT)
About NIC Maryland
NIC Maryland builds, operates, maintains, and markets the official website of the state of Maryland, www.maryland.gov and its eGovernment services. NIC Maryland is a collaborative public/private partnership managed by the Department of Information Technology (DoIT) and NIC Maryland. NIC Maryland helps Maryland state and local government entities web-enable their services and operates without tax funds through a Self-funded eGovernment Services contract. NIC Maryland has developed nearly 60 eGov services for the state of Maryland since the contract was awarded in August 2011.
Founded in 1992, NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The Company's innovative eGovernment services help make government more accessible to everyone through technology. The family of NIC companies provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has named NIC as one of the "100 Best Small Companies in America" six times, most recently ranked at No. 36 (2014), and the Company has been included four times on the Barron's 400 Index. Additional information is available at https://www.egov.com.