If you believe that any material contained on the Maryland.gov
website (the "Site") infringes your copyright or other intellectual
property rights, you may notify Tyler Technologies, Inc. of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the
Notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to:
Tyler Technologies, Inc.
Attention: Chief Legal Officer
1 Tyler Drive
Yarmouth, ME 04096
The notification must be in writing and include the following:
Any notification that does not include all of the above information will not receive a response.
- The signature of the copyright owner or someone acting on the copyright owner’s behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material(s) claimed to be infringing;
- Contact information for the copyright owner or someone acting on the copyright owner’s behalf;
- A statement that the copyright owner has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained about is not authorized;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under the penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Maryland.gov is the official web portal for the Maryland State government and is maintained by the Maryland Department of Information Technology (DoIT). Individual state agency websites are separately maintained by the respective agency.
Links to Government Websites
Maryland.gov links to publicly available websites that are government-owned or government-sponsored websites in domains such as .gov, .us, .mil, and .fed. Maryland.gov may link to: quasi-government agencies and websites created by public sector/private sector partnerships and some government-sponsored websites that end in .com, .org, or .net.
Links to Non-Government Websites
DoIT may, at its discretion, provide links to websites of nonprofit organizations and private or commercial entities if they offer information or services related to topics covered on the Maryland.gov website and are consistent with the purpose of the Maryland.gov website. All requests for links to non-governmental sites will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. DoIT neither endorses nor guarantees in any way the external organizations, services, advice, or products included in these website links. Furthermore, DoIT neither controls nor guarantees the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of the information contained in non-government website links.
Link Evaluation Criteria
DoIT evaluates all links using the following criteria:
- Is the website an official government-owned or supported website?
- Does the website provide government information and/or services in a way that is not available on an official government website?
- Does the website complement existing information, products, and services on Maryland.gov?
- Is the website accessible and applicable to a wide audience?
- Is the website's content relevant, useful, and authoritative for citizens, businesses, and/or government officials?
- Does the website's information appear to be accurate and current?
- Is the website's approach to the privacy of personal information consistent with Maryland.gov’s privacy and security policies?
- Is the primary intent of the website to educate and inform, rather than persuade, convert, or sell? The site may include advertising but must be free from heavy marketing or promotion of products.
- Does the website provide information free of charge?
Linking to Maryland.gov
Linking to the Maryland.gov web portal or Maryland state agency websites is permitted with the following limitations:
- You may not capture Maryland.gov pages within frames or present Maryland.gov content as your own.
- You may not state or imply that the State of Maryland, DoIT, or Maryland.gov is endorsing your product, site, or services.
Maryland.gov does not engage in reciprocal linking.
Maryland.gov will not link to any website that contains the following types of content:
- Sites that exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Affiliation or advocacy of a political party, organization, or candidate running for office;
- Content not suitable for readers or viewers of all ages;
- Content that infringes on any trademark, copyright, or patent rights of another;
- Content that a reasonable citizen may not consider maintaining the dignity and decorum appropriate for government.
Maryland.gov reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with Maryland.gov’s mission or policies.